Still Water Runs Deep

He makes all things Beautiful in HIS TIME. For Eternity is His Time and we are His people each day to enquire in His temple to behold the Beauty of the Lord.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

First Ice Skating Experience

Ice Skating today...fell 5 times but it was all worth it! I really enjoy the cold atmosphere and the ability to walk on 'ice'! It is a fun day with 6 of my friends. My 1st attempt to ice skate!

Falling is not the issue, the real issue is 'We are afraid of failure'! Well, the key for today is: Allow yourself to 'FEEL' the pain and Get up and Get going again! Many times, we're so afraid of 'falling' but I've learnt, instead of falling backward, embrace it and move your body forward to adjust to the movement...this help oneself to balance instead of falling. So instead of falling head-ward....move your body....maybe you might landon the safer side!! Think about it.

Instead of fighting against the thought of 'falling', why not Master it and grow out of the pain! I will continue to skate till I can move freely on the ice...because I enjoy watching others who had mastered the shill and able to move gracefully on the ring now.
Mind you, all had their fair shares of falls too!

I'm not afraid of the pain anymore just like the old saying: 'No Pain, No Gain'! It is all worth it when the day I could move like a free bird on the skating ring with others...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:49 pm, Blogger Nice Diva said…

    Way to go! Have shaka-raka-ed for your behind. Welcome to the world of blogging.

     
  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger Mimosa said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Mimosa said…

    Thanks...still hurt alittle! Well, i must say i am a psycho - like the PAIN to make me feel alive at time! I love the ability to embrace the feeling of pain...at least I can feel - that's life isn't it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home