Still Water Runs Deep

He makes all things Beautiful in HIS TIME. For Eternity is His Time and we are His people each day to enquire in His temple to behold the Beauty of the Lord.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

FULL ON

Just a thought:

“The evil in our desire typically does not lie in what we want, but in we want it too much.” (John Calvin)

Work is overwhelming for me today, so many ‘fire fighting’ situation at boarding school (place where I work and practice counseling)! I have learned not to be quick to speak and show love and empathy for these new students coming here from Asia to study. It is funny that I forgot that they are just 15-17 yrs old teens who need love, listening hears and someone to laugh with them.

I have to remind myself, “Never allow familiarity to rob us from our call of duty”. We tend to overlook a lot of things coz we think that we have done it so many times anyhow!

In the situation, I remembered that I’m there to communicate love, care and counsel these students not to be angry when things don’t turn up my way or they are simply too noisy! “Boys will be boys and girls will be girls…” & Teens will be teens…”

It is so wonderfully when one takes time to chat or talk to hear what the other person is saying. Many time, we are quick to say than to take time to listen (hear) attentively. Tonight, this temperamental boy accepts my suggestion of counseling with him. He is so willing to share and wanting me to help him with anger and violent behaviour episodes. Wow, it is so easy to extend my help & didn’t take much effort at all! What a fulfilling evening for me…time to sleep now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home